Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Life

Hi. My name is Amanda Barrick, but people call me Mandy. I am a sophomore at Lock Haven and I am majoring in Health and Physical Education. I am from Hershey, PA and graduated from Lower Dauphin High School. I played basketball and softball in high school. I was a point guard for basketball. I had the opportunity to play at the old Hershey Arena as a sophomore and was part of school history, in which our team went the farthest in the state tournament that our girls’ program has ever gone and that was the second round in states. I played shortstop in softball. My senior year we were district champions. I have an older sister and a younger brother who is starting his first year of college this year. My parent’s names are Bonnie and Michael Barrick. My expectations for this course are to learn a lot about different types of technologies that we teachers can use to help our students become interested and excited about learning new information. I also hope to learn more about the different types of new technologies that have become part of our generation’s daily lives for example, podcasts. I haven’t ever used podcasts and would like to know more about this particularly new technology. In my years of using technology, I would use the Internet for most of my research papers. I also liked to use PowerPoint because it makes it easy to give a presentation without reading word for word. It helps bullet your main points and not make your presentation seem worthless. I live at 414 West Church Street, my email is abarrick@lhup.edu and the phone number I can be reached at is 717 649 4934.

No comments:

Post a Comment